This Chicken Pot Pie is certainly the perfect homemade recipe. It grants you the ultimate chance to explore the luscious mix of chicken, vegetables, and an exotic blend of seasoning in a flaky crust. A bite that just melts in your mouth!
This heartwarming recipe will not only delight your taste buds but also make it the perfect meal to serve on your dinner table. Trust me, everyone will be asking about it.
Your dinner table’s main star.
The History Behind This Recipe
The chicken pot pie has a long history. Originally it emerged in Greece. The Greeks cooked meat and placed them in open pastry sheets that were called “Artocreas”. The Romans were the ones who then added the top crust, creating the chicken pot pie we know today.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
This recipe contains the basic nutritional factors that make up the perfect meal.
Together, the bread, chicken, various vegetables, and delicious seasoning create the perfect taste. This meal not only satisfies and comforts you, but also provides essential nutrients.
With a taste that melts in your mouth, this hearty, warm meal delights with its crispy texture and its soft, juicy interior.
This recipe is also efficient as you can store it up to 5 days in your refrigerator and reheat when served.
Plus, it’s easy to make with minimum efforts and time consumed.
Warning: once you try this recipe for the first time, you will find yourself wanting to make it again, as it is extremely addictive.
Best Serving Methods
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is served right out of the oven. Warm and freshly baked. For the side dishes, be your own creative chef and serve it with whatever your heart desires. For some inspiration, you can pair it with a side dish of rice or just a bowl of salad.
Pro note: mix the soup of the mixture with rice for a prefect warm taste.
Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
Avoid using frozen chicken.
You can add a variety of vegetables of your choice.
You can also add spices of your preference to the seasoning.
The flaky pie crust can either be bought ready or prepared at home.
Make sure the puff pastry sheets are rolled out thin using a rolling pin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes absolutely. After the pie cools down, you can wrap it in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat before serving it.
Boneless Chicken Breast, preferably fresh rather than frozen.
If even after adding the broth you feel like the filling is still thin, you can add some cornstarch to the mixture.
The glass and ceramic pie plates are the best to use. They both bear heat slowly to ensure that the meal is cooked evenly.
To make this delicious chicken pot pie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Puff pastry sheets
For the Filling:
Frozen peas and carrots
Thyme (dried and fresh)
The perfect warm meal to serve.
How to Make the Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
My chicken pot pie is easy to make with only two main steps to follow. Prepare the filling, then fill the pot pie, and bake.
To start, thaw your puff pastry according to package instruction. In a pot on high heat, add the butter and let it melt.
Then, add the diced onion and small cut chicken breast and garlic and saute until they change in color. Then add the seasonings and the potatoes and mix. Sauté until the chicken is mostly cooked through, it should be a little golden in color.
After that, add the celery, peas, carrots, and mix.
Next, mix the cornstarch, heavy cream, and chicken stock together, making sure the cornstarch is dissolved. Then, pour over the chicken and vegetables mixture. After that, add the thyme and rosemary, making sure to remove the stems. Cover, and lower then let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
Then, using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry sheets until they’re thin.
After that, cut circles enough to cover the top of your ceramic soup bowls. You can also choose to line the inside of the soup bowl with puff pastry as well, to create a cavity.
Now, add the pot pie filling before topping the bowl with the cut-out puff pastry.
Finally, make sure to cut a small slit at the top and brush with egg wash before baking it at 350°F for 25–35 minutes or until golden.
A bite that just melts in your mouth!
Other Recipes You Must Try:
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 large chicken breast cut into extra small cubes (¼-½ inches)
- 2 stalks celery cut into moons
- 1¼ cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Russet potato cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
- 1 large egg for egg wash
- Thaw your puff pastry according to package instructions.
- In a pot on high heat, add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the diced onions and small cut chicken breast and garlic, then sauté until they change in color.
- Add the seasoning and the potatoes and mix.
- Sauté until chicken is mostly cooked through. It should be a little golden in color.
- Add the celery and the peas and the carrots and mix.
- Add the celery, peas, carrots, and mix.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch, heavy cream, and chicken stock together, making sure that the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
- Pour over the vegetable and chicken mixture and add the fresh thyme and rosemary, make sure to remove the stems.
- Cover and lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets until thin using a rolling pin.
- Cut circles enough to cover the top of your ceramic soup bowls. You can also choose to line the inside of the soup bowl with puff pastry as well, to create a cavity.
- Add the pot pie filling to your bowl and top with the cut-out puff pastry.
- Cut a small slit at the top, and brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 350℉ for 25-30 minutes or until it turns golden.
- You can line the inside of the soup bowl with puff pastry as well, to create a cavity.
- For a variety of flavors, add spices of your choice.
- Make sure the mixture is thick.
- Use a 9-inch pie plate.