Calling all coffee enthusiasts, this one’s for you! As summer is in full swing, your day remains incomplete without that cherished cup of coffee. However, if the heat has you yearning for a refreshing chill, then you have to try this easy Instant Iced Coffee recipe!
Take your coffee game to the next level, and make your typical cup of coffee more exciting by combining the bold essence of coffee with a hint of sweetness, and you’ll have a chilled delight. This quick recipe is macro-friendly, requires just 3 main ingredients, and has endless variations.
With just a few simple steps, you could still enjoy your usual coffee while making it cooler, revitalizing, and more enjoyable. Enjoy each sip, because it will delight your taste buds.
What Makes This Recipe Unique?
For a speedy refreshment, this recipe is the best option. It only takes a few minutes to mix up your ingredients and enjoy your favorite brew without the wait.
It is a macro-friendly recipe that offers you the option to make your favorite coffee blend with fewer calories if you’re trying to stay healthy and fit. With my recipe, you will create a coffee that has a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
Additionally, this frothed iced coffee recipe offers a cheaper alternative to the same overpriced coffee you buy. So, save your money and make it at home. You could also customize it by adding whatever flavors you desire, as well as adjusting its sweetness and making it healthier.
Leave your guests awestruck with this instant iced coffee delight, a creation so exquisite that they’ll find it hard to believe it was crafted at home. You could serve it with a snack or dessert.
5 Unique Instant Iced Coffee Twists
Tempt your taste buds with this frothed iced coffee by mixing and matching your favorite flavors! Here are a few suggestions:
You could add a splash of velvety vanilla or caramel syrup to enhance your coffee’s flavors. And if you’re a chocolate lover, you could add some cacao powder or chocolate syrup for a smooth blend of coffee and chocolate.
The Mocha Delight merges the best of both worlds by mixing in a shot of espresso to create a mocha-inspired instant coffee.
You could also mix your coffee with your preferred types of milk, whether it is lactose-free or skimmed, or you could use plant-based alternatives such as coconut or almond milk for a twist in taste. I personally prefer using the Fairlife 2% milk for an extra dose of protein!
This recipe can be adjusted according to your preferences, so feel free to experiment with your drink. Just remember that adding extra toppings could increase the macros in your coffee.
If you want some hacks to perfect your iced coffee recipe, there are a few tips you could follow.
Instant Ice Cubes: For more concentrated coffee, replace your normal ice cubes with coffee ice cubes. Freeze leftover coffee as ice cubes to place in your instant iced coffee. This way, you are preventing dilution and maintaining a rich coffee flavor.
Double Strength Brew: If you would like a stronger coffee flavor, you could reduce the amount of water to double the strength of your coffee.
Sweetener Swap: If you do not want a bland, bitter coffee, play around with sweeteners. I prefer using sugar-free Torani syrups to keep it macro-friendly, but you could always switch to honey, flavored syrups, or any zero-calorie sweeteners for a healthier option. Take some inspiration from my suggested variations.
Milk Swirl: You could pour some plant milk over the coffee, followed by a small drizzle of milk. This will leave a captivating swirl as the milk and coffee blend harmoniously.
Overnight Infusion: Prepare your instant coffee the night before because letting it sit overnight will allow the flavors to meld and will reduce the acidity of the brew.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can use decaffeinated instant coffee as a caffeine-free option. Feel free to use any suitable option for you.
Sure, almond milk, oat milk, coconut, or soy milk all work well with the recipe. In fact, these milks offer a creamy base that blends well with instant coffee.
Definitely, Nescafé instant coffee or any other brand of coffee works for this recipe.
Yes, instant coffee can dissolve in cold water but needs more time to dissolve while stirring.
Instant Coffee: you could use any brand of instant coffee.
Hot water: for dissolving the coffee granules.
Milk: any milk of choice, I like using Fairlife 2% milk for more protein.
Sweetener of your choice: brown or white sugar, or zero-calorie sweeteners if you want it macro-friendly.
Toppings of your choice: any preferred toppings such as flavored syrups. I use the Skinny Mixes salted caramel for 0 calories.
First, add your instant coffee granules and sweetener to a cup.
Next, add the hot water and stir for a few seconds.
Then, using the frothing wand, froth until the instant coffee gets thick and creamy.
Finally, add the ice and top with your desired amount of milk. You can sprinkle cinnamon, add caramel sauce, or anything of your choice.
Enjoy your iced coffee!
Other Recipes For You::
Instant Iced Coffee
- 1½ tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½-¾ cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- ⅓ cup ice
- Add the instant coffee and a sweetener to a cup.
- Add the hot water and stir for a few seconds.
- Using a frothing wand, froth until the instant coffee gets thick and creamy.
- Add the ice and top with your desired amount of milk.
- Add optional topping such as cinnamon, caramel sauce, or anything of your choice.
- Sip and enjoy your coffee.
- For more concentrated coffee, replace your normal ice cubes with coffee ice cubes. Freeze leftover coffee as ice cubes to place in your instant iced coffee, preventing dilution and maintaining a rich coffee flavor.
- Also, if you would like a stronger coffee flavor, you could reduce the amount of water to double the strength of your coffee.
- If you do not want a bland, bitter coffee, play around with sweeteners. You could add honey, flavored syrups, or zero-calorie sweeteners for a healthier option. Take some inspiration from my suggested variations.
- For an expert tip, you could pour some plant milk over the coffee, followed by a small drizzle of milk, leaving a captivating swirl as the milk and coffee blend harmoniously.
- One more tip is to prepare your instant coffee the night before. Letting it sit overnight will allow the flavors to meld and will reduce the acidity of the brew.